Spectrometry and related systems:
· Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) (Agilent Technologies, model 7500 ce&cs), equipped with an autosampler;
· Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) (Agilent Technologies, model 4500 plus), equipped with an autosampler;
· Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometer (ICP-AES) (Thermo Jarrell Ash, model Atomscan 25) equipped with ultrasonic nebulizer (Cetac, model U-6000 AT);
· Laser ablation unit (LA) (New Wave Research, model UP 213 A/F); Glitter s/w;
· Grinding/polishing machine (Metaserv Autopol 2, model type C);
· High resolution scanning electron microscope (SEM) (Carl Zeiss, model SUPRA 35 VP), equipped with an energy dispersive X-ray Spectrometer (EDX) (Oxford Instruments, model Inca 400) /SEM/EDX is shared with some other institute's research units/;
· UV/Vis spectrophotometer (Perkin Elmer, model Lambda 25)
Chromatography & flow analysis systems:
· Liquid chromatography separation & detection module (Agilent, 1100 Series Systems) with diode array detector (DAD) and driven by HP ChemStation s/w;
· Ion chromatography system (TSP SpectraSystem) equipped with a conductivity (Schodex CD-5) and a UV/Vis spectrophotometric (Spectra-Physics System, model UV2000) detector, respectively;
· Flow injection analyzer (FIA) (ASIA Ismatec);
Electroanalytical & (micro)sensor systems:
· Three electrochemical workstations (Eco Chemie, Autolab PGSTAT12/ECD/pX) driven by GPES and ISEC s/w;
· Portable electrochemical system (PalmSens);
· Inverted optical microscope (Eclipse, Nikon), equipped with a low-speed digital camera (Pixera) coupled to an image analyzer s/w (Scion Image, NIH) and a 3-axis motorized micromanipulator driven by a PC-linked controller (SM 3.25 + MCL 3, Märzhäuser Wetzlar);
· Micro-fabrication tools: capillary puller, microelectrode beveler, stereo-zoom microscope (PZM-HB, WPI), manual micromanipulator, antivibration bench etc.
· Electroanalytical tools: rotating electrode with GC, Pt and Au disk tips, piston-driven CPEs and other electrodes, thin-layer & wall-jet flow-through cells, Faraday cages, microsyringe pump, static mercury drop electrode (303A, PAR), etc.
Aerosol & atmospheric chemistry research system:
· Low-pressure cascade impactors (Berner type) for size-segregated aerosol sampling (10 stages, from 15 nm to 10 mm);
· Semi-batch continuous stirred tank reactor with thermostated water jacket and automatic pH-stat titrator (Metrohm, 751 GPD Titrino) system for studying chemical reactions in atmospheric aqueous phase;
· Experimental set-up consisting of a reaction chamber, a conditioning chamber, a thermostated bath connected with kryo-thermat, gas mixing station, a thermohygrometer, a mass flow controller, a mass flow meter, a pump etc. for studying aerosol particle reactivity under controlled conditions;
Other equipment & tools:
· Microwave digestion oven (MLS 1200 MEGA, Milestone).
· Micro and analytical balances (Sartorius) placed in a specialised air conditioned (temperature and humidity control) room equipped with an ion emitter;
· Water purification system (Millipore) including Elix and Milli-Q Gradient units.