L05 Laboratory for Environmental Sciences and Engineering
In the Laboratory for Environmental Sciences and Engineering (L05) we conduct basic and applied research on national and international level in the following areas: environmental heterogeneous catalysis (wastewater treatment, energy production from biomass and waste solids), environmental process engineering, ecotoxicology, metrology in chemistry and biology. We conduct interlaboratory comparison for Slovenian and foreign laboratories that monitor wastewater and solid wastes. We advise domestic and foreign industrial partners and end-users on solving environmental problems, develop sustainable processes for wastewater and waste management, as well as conduct environmental impact assessment and other projects in the field of environmental protection.
- Research programme "Integrated approach to water pollution prevention" (P2-0150, ARRS)
- Center of Excellence "Low Carbon Technologies" (CO NOT)
- Competence Center "Sustainable and Innovative Civil Engineering" (KC TIGR)
- R&D Center "Energy" (RCE)
- L05 is the holder of the standard in the scope of the national standard for the unit mol
- Patents and Patent Applications
R&D services and long lasting industrial cooperation is based on advanced research equipment, long-term experiences and competitive prices. We perform synthesis of nanostructured heterogeneous catalysts based on modern preparation approaches and characterization of solid powdered materials using various instrumental techniques. We tender many types of analytical support in the fields of anaerobic digestion, waste maangement, wastewater treatment and ecotoxicology. We also advise in the field of Metrology in Chemistry.
- Catalytic syngas production from greenhouse gasses: Performance comparison of Ru-Al2O3 and Rh-CeO2 catalysts
- Efficient catalytic abatement of greenhouse gases: Methane reforming with CO2 using a novel and thermally stable Rh-CeO2 catalyst
- Anaerobic digestion of tannery waste: semi-continuous and anaerobic sequencing batch reactor processes
- Manganese functionalized silicate nanoparticles as a Fenton-type catalyst for water purification by advanced oxidation processes (AOP)
- Catalytic and photocatalytic oxidation of aqueous bisphenol A solutions: removal, toxicity and estrogenicity
- Measurement uncertainty evaluation and in-house method validation of the herbicide iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium in water samples by using HPLC analysis
Upper-class students, PhD candidates and post-doctoral fellows in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering and related natural and technical sciences are invited to apply for fellowships in various research areas.