A call to tender for young researchers (m/f)
Pursuant to Article 112 of the Rules on procedures for financing, co-financing, evaluating and monitoring the implementation of research activities (Official Gazette of the RS, nos. 52/16, 79/17, 65/19, 78/20 and 145/20, hereinafter: the Rules)
THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CHEMISTRY
Hajdrihova 19, 1000 Ljubljana
is hereby launching a call to tender for young researchers (m/f) in 2021 for the selected mentors in the following research areas:
Chemistry – 5 YR (Mentors: dr. Katerina Naumoska, dr. Jure Borišek, dr. Andraž Krajnc, dr. Tea Romih, dr. Maja Marušič)
Biochemistry and molecular biology – 1 YR (mentor: prof. dr. Gregor Anderluh)
Chemical Engineering – 2 YR (mentors: dr. Albin Pintar, prof. dr. Blaž Likozar)
Materials – 1 YR (mentor: dr. Ema Žagar)
Biotechnology – 2 YR (mentors: dr. Duško Lainšček, dr. Iva Hafner Bratkovič)
The candidates must fulfil the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Rules:
- at least university education in an appropriate field, obtained under a study program, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before June 11 2004 and an average grade of all exams and laboratory work (excluding graduate thesis) of at least 8.00 and must meet the conditions for enrolment into a postgraduate study third level, or
- education obtained under the second-cycle study program of the relevant field, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia after 11 June 2004, and an average grade for all exams and laboratory work of at least 8.00 (the grade of the graduate and master's thesis is also considered) or
- Master’s degree, obtained under the master’s study programme, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004, or
- in reference to items one, two and three, the candidate has a comparable education, obtained at Universities abroad, and
- not older than including 28 years (Year of Birth is considered); the age limit is raised above 28 years if the young researcher has already completed one or two years of third level postgraduate study with no financial support, adding one year to each completed year of study.
If at the time of entry into the agreement, the candidate for a young researcher is enrolling into year two or three of the three level study program, the average grade of undergraduate study under the study program adopted in the Republic of Slovenia after 11 June 2004, or the average grade of all exams and laboratory work of the first and second level study program are not relevant. If he or she has a master’s degree, obtained under the master’s study programme, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004, the average grade of the undergraduate study is not relevant.
If the candidate for a young researcher has taken parental leave of at least six months, whereby one year is granted for each child, the age level shall be raised above 28 year. The same applies for longer, at least six month documented sick leave of the candidate.
The Agency shall not finance the candidates for young researchers, who are at the time of signing of the Agreement enrolling into an additional year of a three level study or who have already used such a status, the candidates who have already been financed through the Agency in the young researchers program, and the candidates who have already completed their PhD studies.
Criteria for evaluation of the candidates shall be as follows:
- average grade of all exams and laboratory work (excluding diploma work) at the university study program, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004, or the first and second level study programs; completed at least 80% of all exams and laboratory work;
- Master’s degree, obtained under the master’s study programme, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004;
- enrolment in a third level study program;
- awards or recognitions received;
- published articles;
- participation in research work;
- assessment of the candidate’s interview.
The application for the call to tender shall contain:
- the application form and three statements of the candidate (see under »Annexes« below)
- proof of education:
- photocopy of the diploma (diploma VII/2nd Bologna cycle) or a statement that the candidate will graduate or nostrify the diploma by and including 15 September 2021 (documentation must be submitted to the National Institute of Chemistry by this date);
- proof of grade point average of all exams and laboratory work for undergraduate study of the Bologna cycle (excluding diploma work grade), the statement must be accompanied by a confirmation of the educational institution;
- if the Master's degree is completed - please submit proof;
- if already enrolled in a doctoral study - please submit proof;
- awards and recognitions received - please submit proof;
- published scientific articles, including statement of whether author or co-author (along with what proportion of the work the candidate carried out) – include reference from COBISS;
- any previous participation in research work – please include a detailed description of this work along with any applicable references;
- a written statement of the candidate that he or she has not yet been financed by the Young Researchers Program.
Applications with proof of education, the application form, and three signed statements of the candidate are to be submitted to the Human Resources office of the National Institute of Chemistry by 15 August 2021 to the following address: Kemijski inštitut, Hajdrihova 19, 1001 Ljubljana, with the following code: »MR-2021« stating the research area.
For any additional information, please, call 01/47 60 217, business days from 9.00 to 11.00).