Roundtable: Artificial Intelligence - Revolution or Evolution?
Title of roundtable: Artificial Intelligence - Revolution or Evolution?
When & where: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, at 10 a.m., Mansard (3rd floor)
Online: it will be possible to follow the discussion remotely at the link > https://video.sta.si/
At the heart of the debate are the challenges that have arisen and will arise from the increasing use of artificial intelligence (AI) systems at all levels of life. There are increasing predictions that major structural changes will also occur in science. AI will not replace scientists, but it will assist them in some tasks. And the explosive advances of generative AI models like ChatGPT and Midjourney have already ushered in a new era of AI-powered content creation. As expected, this has transformed the world of industry, media, education, law, and technology. Now these models can complement various tasks and increase efficiency, and they are evolving at a very fast pace. Could it be that some professional tasks will be completely replaced? So the debate will also focus on the ethical aspect of the use of artificial intelligence, and especially on the education system, which will have to think seriously about how to deal with the reality of text-generating algorithms. But how will the government address all this? We know that new technologies are developing at an unimaginable pace, and new algorithms could change the world in unexpected ways. We hope they will change it for the better, especially in areas where humanity is most vulnerable.
Participants in the discussion:
- Dr. Emilija Stojmenova Duh, Minister of Digital Transformation
- Prof. Dr. Marko Robnik Šikonja, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, UNILJ
- Nejc Robida, Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Computer and Information Science, UNILJ
- Dr. Žiga Avsec (online), Deep Mind, Google
- Prof. Dr. Polona Domadenik, School of Economics and Business, UNILJ
- Doc. Dr. Smiljana Gartner, Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education, UM
- Mag. Alenka Krapež, Principal of Gimnazija Vič
The debate will be moderated by Ina Petric, Tromba.
The event will be held in Slovenian.