SYNTHESIS of new metal / bimetal / multimetal functionalized porous oksides (eg. silica, alumina, titania) and mixed oxides (e.g. titania and silica mixed oxides) as catalysts / photocatalysts with targeted structural properties for air cleaning.
The development of new CHARACTERIZATION approaches integrated with CATALYTIC / PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTION and MODELING to understand the structure-property-activity relationship and continue to generate new innovative chemistry of the materials.
TESTING OF CATALYSTS / PHOTOCATALYSTSin heterogeneous catalysis for
- indoor air cleaning processes (e.g. photocatalytic advanced oxidation processes),
- industrial waste air treatment processes (e.g. catalytic oxidation).
- Influence of alumina precursor properties on Cu-Fe alumina supported catalysts for total toluene oxidation as a model volatile organic air pollutant
- In-situ XAS study of catalytic N2O decomposition over CuO/CeO2 catalysts
- Synergistic effect of CuO nanocrystals and Cu-oxo-Fe clusters on silica support in promotion of total catalytic oxidation of toluene as a model volatile organic air pollutant
- Surface modified titanium dioxide using transition metals: nickel as a winning transition metal for solar light photocatalysis
- TiO2-SiO2 films from organic-free colloidal TiO2 anatase nanoparticles as photocatalyst for removal of volatile organic compounds from indoor air