Fundamental research and development of advanced analytical methodologies, novel tools and sensors for (i) chemical analysis of (trace) elements, characterization of compounds, materials and processes, (ii) their application in topical areas of (a) environmental protection, (b) health and food safety and (c) materials research, and (iii) supporting collaboration with industrial partners.
- ROMIH, Tea, MENART, Eva, JOVANOVSKI, Vasko, JERIČ, Andrej, ANDRENŠEK, Samo, HOČEVAR, Samo B. Sodium-polyacrylate-based electrochemical sensors for highly sensitive detection of gaseous phenol at room temperature. ACS sensors, 2020, 5, 8, 2570-2577.
- VIDOVIĆ, Kristijan, KROFLIČ, Ana, JOVANOVIČ, Primož, ŠALA, Martin, GRGIĆ, Irena. Electrochemistry as a tool for studies of complex reaction mechanisms : the case of the atmospheric aqueous-phase aging of catechols. Environmental science & technology, 2019, 53, 19, 11195-11203.
- METARAPI, Dino, ŠALA, Martin, VOGEL-MIKUŠ, Katarina, ŠELIH, Vid Simon, ELTEREN, Johannes Teun van. Nanoparticle analysis in biomaterials using laser ablation-single particle-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Analytical chemistry, 2019, 91, 9, 6200-6205.
- KROFLIČ, Ana, FRKA, Sanja, SIMMEL, Martin, WEX, Heike, GRGIĆ, Irena. Size-resolved surface active substances of atmospheric aerosol : reconsideration of the impact on cloud droplet formation. Environmental science & technology, 2018, 52, 16, 9179-9187.
- ELTEREN, Johannes Teun van, ŠELIH, Vid Simon, ŠALA, Martin, VAN MALDEREN, Stijn J. M., VANHAECKE, Frank. Imaging artifacts in continuous scanning 2D LA-ICP-MS imaging due to non-synchronization issues. Analytical chemistry, 2018, 90, 4, 2896-2901.