L06 Laboratory for Food Chemistry
Basic and applied research on functional food, food supplements and natural biologically active compounds form plant materials. Development and validation of various analytical methods based on chromatographic (((U)HPLC, HPTLC, GC, IC) and hyphenated ((U)HPLC-MS, HPTLC-MS, GC-MS, IC-MS) techniques in the context of research projects and for other academic and industrial partners from Slovenia and abroad as well as for government bodies.
- BENSA, Maja, VOVK, Irena, GLAVNIK, Vesna. Resveratrol food supplement products and the challenges of accurate label information to ensure food safety for consumers. Nutrients, 2023, 15, 2, 474.
- BERLIC, Maja, JUG, Urška, BATTELINO, Tadej, LEVART, Alenka, DIMITROVSKA, Ivana, ALBREHT, Alen, KOROŠEC, Mojca. Antioxidant-rich foods and nutritional value in daily kindergarten menu: a randomized controlled evaluation executed in Slovenia. Food chemistry, 2023, 404, part A, 134566.
- METLIČAR, Valentina, ALBREHT, Alen. Esterification of lutein from Japanese knotweed waste gives a range of lutein diester products with unique chemical stability.ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering, 2022, 10, 18, 6072–6081.
- METLIČAR, Valentina, KRANJC, Krištof, ALBREHT, Alen. Utilization of plant-based wastes for a sustainable preparation of xanthophyll esters via acid anhydrides using β−pinene as a bio-derived solvent.ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering, 2021, 9, 31, 10651-10661.
- JUG, Urška, VOVK, Irena, GLAVNIK, Vesna, MAKUC, Damjan, NAUMOSKA, Katerina. Off-line multidimensional high performance thin-layer chromatography for fractionation of Japanese knotweed rhizome bark extract and isolation of flavan-3-ols, proanthocyanidins and anthraquinones. Journal of chromatography. A, 2021, 1637, 461802.